by Brenda Arnold
Chocolate Bundles with Chocolate Ganache By: Brenda Arnold
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon heavy cream Filling
- 8 miniature chocolate candy bars
- 8 Hershey chocolate kisses
Ingredients for Ganache:
- 4 ounces milk chocolate broken into small pieces
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Fresh strawberries, sliced, for garnish
- Mint sprigs, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Unfold puff pastry and cut the sheet into 2 (4 by 4-inch squares). Beat eggs and cream together to create an egg wash. Brush pastry squares with egg wash. Place 2 chocolate kisses and 1 mini candy bar in the center of each pastry square. Repeat with remaining kisses and mini-bars. Pull corners of the square up around the chocolate, brushing edges with more egg wash, if necessary, to create a secure bundle. Brush exteriors of chocolate bundles with more egg wash. Repeat with remaining bundles. Place bundles on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 35 minutes, or until golden brown.
Ganache: In a sauce pan bring the heavy cream to a boil. Place the chocolate pieces in a bowl and pour hot cream over top. Whisk until smooth. Puddle ganache onto a plate and place 1 bundle on top. Top with whipped cream and additional ganache, if desired. Serve bundles garnished with strawberry slices and mint sprigs.
Chocolate Fondue By: Brenda Arnold
While chocolate is an aphrodisiac in it’s own right, melting it into a smooth consistency perfect for dipping takes it up a notch – or three . The chocolate will stiffen if it gets cold, so enjoy it while it’s still warm. Skewer and dip anything you like – bananas, pineapple, strawberries, pear slices, dried apricots, pound cake, even marshmallows.
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon brewed espresso
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
1. Place chocolate, cream, espresso, vanilla and salt in a medium microwave-safe bowl; microwave on Medium, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted, 1-2 minutes. No Microwave? Place chopped chocolate in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not boiling water. Gently stir until almost melted. Remove from the heat and stir until the chocolate melts completely.
2. Pour the chocolate mixture into a serving bowl. Serve with your favorite fruit, pound cake and marshmallows.
Holiday Ideas and Crafts on Facebook. We are your one stop website for Free
ideas to create
holiday and party crafts and decorations