by Brenda Arnold
Green Beans with Walnuts By: Brenda Arnold
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1.Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
2.In a large skillet over medium heat; cook walnuts in oil for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Add beans, garlic, seasoned salt and pepper. Cook until heated through.
Cornbread Dressing: Nothing says good southern cooking like our classic Cornbread Dressing!
1 (16 ounce) package dry corn bread mix
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 small onion
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups chicken stock
2 tablespoons dried sage
salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare the dry corn bread mix according to package directions. Cool and crumble.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease one 9x13 inch baking dish.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and sauté the celery and onion until soft.
4. In a large bowl, combine the celery, onions, 3 cups crumbled corn bread, eggs, chicken stock, sage and salt and pepper to taste; mix well.
5. Place into prepared dish and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
No Bake Pumpkin Pie: This is a delicious no bake pie with a graham cracker crust.
1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
1 (.25 ounce) package unflavored gelatin
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 eggs, beaten
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
1. In a heavy saucepan combine gelatin, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Stir in condensed milk and beaten eggs, mixing well. Let stand one minute, then place on burner over low heat, stirring constantly for about 10 minutes, or until gelatin dissolves and mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
2. Stir in pumpkin, mixing thoroughly, and pour mixture into graham cracker crust. Chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
Holiday Ideas and Crafts on Facebook. We are your one stop website for Free
ideas to create
holiday and party crafts and decorations