by Brenda Arnold
Use a wilting bouquet or gather flowers and leaves to make beautiful place mats. Colors eventually fade to browns for a truly elegant look.
Clear Contact Paper
Flowers and Leaves
For each place mat, cut 2 pieces of contact paper approximately 12" x 18". Peel the backing off one piece and lay it sticky side up on the table. Remove blossoms and leaves from their stems and arrange them on the sticky side of the contact paper. Press everything flat with your fingers. Some flowers will work better if you remove the petals and use them individually. Peel the backing off the 2nd piece of contact paper. Place it sticky side down over your arrangement. Do not worry about lining up edges exactly. You will probably get some wrinkles. Just press everything down as flat as possible and your place mat will look beautiful. Trim around all edges with scissors, or make decorative edges by cutting scallops or applying colored tape.
Mother's Day Napkin Rings:
Empty paper towel tube
Variety of at least four types of dried beans
Glue gun & Scissors
Cut empty paper towel tubes into 1-1/4" rings. Use glue gun to attach beans all around ring in a decorative pattern.
Mother's Day Photo Flowers:
Construction paper, various colors
Green chenille stems, one for each flower
Optional: patterned paper
1. Cut photos into circles to be used as the center of the flower.
2. Cut simple flower shapes out of construction paper.
3. Glue photo circle to the center of the flower.
4. This step is optional: Glue construction paper flower to a piece of patterned paper. Cut around the flower giving your construction paper about a half-inch border of patterned paper.
5. Tape chenille stem to the back of your flower. Make sure the tape is secure by pressing onto the tape with your fingernail.
6. Trim ends of chenille to the length you desire, depending on what you are using as a vase. If making a handheld bouquet, don’t trim the chenille; simply tie a ribbon bow around them all.
Holiday Ideas and Crafts on Facebook. We are your one stop website for Free
ideas to create
holiday and party crafts and decorations