|Holiday Finger Foods & Dips Recipes|
St. Patrick's Shamrock Toasties By: Brenda Arnold
- green pepper
- English muffin
- Cheddar cheese
To make one, slice a green pepper crosswise near the pointed end to get a small, three-lobed shamrock shape. (If your pepper has four lobes, you've got a lucky clover instead.) Cut a small slice for a stem. Toast half an English muffin, then top it with a slice of Cheddar and the pepper shamrock. Place the muffin on a tray, then broil it in a toaster oven until the cheese is melted.
Ultimate 7 Layer Dip By: Brenda Arnold
- 1 can (16 oz.) Refried Beans
- 1 Tbsp. Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup sour Cream
- 1 cup Thick 'N Chunky Salsa
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup Mexican Style Shredded 4 Cheese
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. sliced black olives
Mix beans and seasoning mix. Spread onto bottom of pie plate.
Layer remaining ingredients except chips over bean mixture; cover. Refrigerate several hours or until chilled. Serve with chips.
Chocolate Fondue By: Brenda Arnold
While chocolate is an aphrodisiac in it’s own right, melting it into a smooth consistency perfect for dipping takes it up a notch – or three . The chocolate will stiffen if it gets cold, so enjoy it while it’s still warm. Skewer and dip anything you like – bananas, pineapple, strawberries, pear slices, dried apricots, pound cake, even marshmallows.
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon brewed espresso
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
1. Place chocolate, cream, espresso, vanilla and salt in a medium microwave-safe bowl; microwave on Medium, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted, 1-2 minutes. No Microwave? Place chopped chocolate in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not boiling water. Gently stir until almost melted. Remove from the heat and stir until the chocolate melts completely.
2. Pour the chocolate mixture into a serving bowl. Serve with your favorite fruit, pound cake and marshmallows.
Chunky Guacamole By: Brenda Arnold
- 4 ripe avocados
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 Serrano chilies, sliced thinly
- 1 big handful fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Halve and pit the avocados. Scoop out the flesh with a tablespoon into a mixing bowl. Mash the avocados with a fork, leaving them somewhat chunky. Add the remaining ingredients, and fold everything together to gently mix. Lay a piece of plastic wrap right on the surface of the guacamole so it doesn't brown and refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
Holiday Ideas and Crafts on Facebook. We are your one stop website for Free
ideas to create
holiday and party crafts and decorations