|Father's Day Recipe
by Brenda Arnold
Hole in One Cake By: Brenda Arnold
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) yellow or white cake mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 pkg. (4-serving size) Lime Flavor Gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 squares Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted
- 2 cups thawed cool whip topping
- 1 red and 1 green chewy fruit snack roll
- 4 pretzel sticks
- 1 Miniature Marshmallow, cut into quarters
Prepare and bake cake mix in 13x9-inch baking pan as directed on package. Cool completely. Invert cake onto large platter; remove pan. Using small sharp knife, cut and scoop out a shallow Free form "golf course" from center of cake. Save removed cake for topping.
Stir boiling water into dry gelatin in medium bowl until completely dissolved. Stir in cold water. Refrigerate about 1 hour until slightly thickened (the consistency of unbeaten egg whites). Pour thickened gelatin into center of cake. Refrigerate 3 hours or until set.
Stir slightly cooled melted chocolate into whipped topping until well blended. Frost borders and side of cake with whipped topping mixture. Cut out small triangle from the red fruit roll. Attach to pretzel stick. Place in center to resemble flag. Using sharp small knife, cut green fruit roll into strips and attach to remaining pretzel sticks to form trees. Use some of the darker reserved crumbs to make sand traps. Roll marshmallow quarter into ball and place near flag for the golf ball.
Ultimate 7 Layer Dip By: Brenda Arnold
- 1 can (16 oz.) Refried Beans
- 1 Tbsp. Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup sour Cream
- 1 cup Thick 'N Chunky Salsa
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup Mexican Style Shredded 4 Cheese
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. sliced black olives
Mix beans and seasoning mix. Spread onto bottom of pie plate.
Layer remaining ingredients except chips over bean mixture; cover. Refrigerate several hours or until chilled. Serve with chips.
Holiday Ideas and Crafts on Facebook. We are your one stop website for Free
ideas to create
holiday and party crafts and decorations