by Brenda Arnold
Candy Apples By: Brenda Arnold
- 2 C granulated sugar
- 2 C corn syrup
- 1/3 C cinnamon candy
- 1 cup cold water
- 3/4 Tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp vanilla
- 1/4 Tsp cloves
- 3/4 Tsp red food coloring
- 6 Med apples and 6 skewers or popsicle sticks
Remove stems from apples, wash, and pat dry.
Insert a wooden skewer in each apple, running through the apple from stem end to base without protruding all the way through the bottom end.
Combine sugar, corn syrup, cinnamon candies, and water in medium-sized saucepan. Cook until candies dissolve, stirring constantly. Be careful not to boil. Add cinnamon, vanilla, cloves, and food coloring. Mix thoroughly. Boil mixture to 300 degrees using a candy thermometer without stirring. While mixture is boiling, generously prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray so it's ready ahead of time. As soon as mixture reaches 300 degrees, remove it from heat and quickly dip each apple-one by one-into the mixture until it is thoroughly coated. Set coated apples, standing on their bottoms with skewer pointing up, on baking sheet until mixture hardens. Let apples reach room temperature before eating.
Rice Crispy Balloons By: Brenda Arnold
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows (or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- Canned frosting or decorating gel
- Food coloring
- Assorted candies
- Licorice strings
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press mixture into 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool slightly. Using cookie cutters coated with cooking spray cut into balloon shapes. Decorate with frosting and/or candies. Add licorice strings for balloon strings. Best if served the same day.
*Microwave Directions: In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on High for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
Holiday Ideas and Crafts on Facebook. We are your one stop website for Free
ideas to create
holiday and party crafts and decorations