by Brenda Arnold
Rice Crispy Balloons By: Free Holiday Ideas
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows - OR - 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal - OR - 6 cups Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies® cereal
- Canned frosting or decorating gel
- Food coloring
- Assorted candies
- Licorice strings
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press mixture into 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool slightly. Using cookie cutters coated with cooking spray cut into balloon shapes. Decorate with frosting and/or candies. Add licorice strings for balloon strings. Best if served the same day.
*Microwave Directions: In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
Red Velvet Cake and Frosting: By Free Holiday Ideas
- 2 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- 2 teaspoons Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
-1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 ounces red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter or margarine, softened
- 1 pound box confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease and flour 2 (9-inch) cake pans. In a medium bowl or on a piece of waxed paper, sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, cream together sugar and butter. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time. Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk. Beat in food coloring and vinegar, then add vanilla. Spread the batter evenly in the pans. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Turn out onto a rack to cool.
In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese and butter. Beat in confectioners' sugar until fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Stir in pecans. Use frosting to fill and ice cake.
Holiday Ideas and Crafts on Facebook. We are your one stop website for Free
ideas to create
holiday and party crafts and decorations