|Birthday Games &
by Brenda Arnold
Pin The Bow On The Present:
Draw a life size picture of a present and hang on a wall. Use a real bow
and to pin the bow on to the present use a piece of tacky stuff.
Create You Own Cupcake: Bake the cupcakes according to directions and then fill bowls with different colors of icing. Fill small plastic bowls with m&m's, gummy worms, sprinkles, candy corn, licorice strings and set all of this on the table. Let each guest ice their cupcakes & decorate as they wish. Give out little prizes to each child for creating their best cupcakes.
Home Sweet Home Photo Gallery: This adorable three -dimensional house makes a perfect photo memory display.
Toaster pastry box, or one of similar shape and size (recommended: Pop Tarts box)
Pennies, pebbles or modeling clay
Photographs of all family members
Fine-tip permanent marker
1. The top of the box (with flaps intact) will be the top of the house. Decide what color you would like your house to be and cover the outside with construction paper. Leave three extra inches of construction paper at the top all the way around.
2. Cut slits in the construction paper at the top corners, so that the paper can fold like the flaps can. Glue the construction paper to the flaps.
3. Trim the pictures into rectangular windows, or you may decide to cut carefully around the person's picture (sort of like a paper doll) and glue that to a rectangular piece of white paper to make a window.
4. Decorate the house, placing the windows and a door. You might want to include your family name, a message and the year.
5. Put pennies, pebbles or the modeling clay in the bottom of the box to give the project some weight and keep it from falling over.
6. Fold corners of the big flaps of the top of the box inward to make an upside down "v". Fold the corners inward, but leave them sitting like tabs, so that you can glue the roof to them. Fold the small flaps down inside the box.
7. Decide what color you would like your roof to be and cut the construction paper to cover it. Glue it on and then add any details you would like to your house, i.e., window boxes, shutters, flowers, ivy or anything else you like!
Potpourri Hangers: Spice up your closet with these scented Potpourri Hangers made from plastic hangers, lace and potpourri. Makes a sweet gift.
Hot glue gun
1. Cut 2 pieces of lace fabric about 1/2 inch larger than the body of the hanger.
2. With the hot glue gun, glue one piece of the lace fabric to one side of the body of the hanger.
3. Turn the hanger so the hanger is laying on the lace fabric you just glued on. Now sprinkle potpourri inside the area of the hanger.
4. Now glue the other piece of lace fabric on the hanger, sealing the potpourri inside the hanger between the two pieces of lace.
5. After the glue dries trim the lace fabric close to the diameter of the hanger.
6. Glue the lace trim around the diameter of the body of the hanger.
7. Tie a piece of ribbon in a bow around the neck of the hanger.
Holiday Ideas and Crafts on Facebook. We are your one stop website for Free
ideas to create
holiday and party crafts and decorations